Join me for an 11-day (10 night) plant medicine retreat with Matilda at Inca Shipiba in the Peruvian Amazon.
20th April-30th April 2023
Teddy, Matilda and Sara.
I fell in love with Matilda and the family. And I would love to share this authentic life changing experience with Ayahuasca and plant medicine with you.
There are many retreat centers around Iquitos (about 300) but it is rare to find a Shaman that is authentic and with such great integrity.
When I met Matilda, I knew I had found my match. This woman is the real deal and it’s rare to find a female Shipibo shaman. Matilda is one of the most humble, magical and full of love shamans that I have ever met. Having her sing to you in ceremony is a gift of pure magic.
I am organising this retreat with the blessing from Matilda and the family, to help them maintain their center and to be able to share their magic and work.
I want to keep to size of the group small, to a maximum of 10 people, so make sure you register in advance.
The cost for this retreat is $1500 (500$ deposit required to sign up)
There is a possibility to extend your stay with extra nights and join a kambô curandero from the Matses tribe, for a night walk to find and meet the frog. The next day you can experience a Kambô ceremonie with the medicine fresh from the frog.
About Inca Shipiba:
Inca Shipiba Inca Shipiba is an authentic Shipibo Healing Center that provides traditional Amazonian Medicinal Plant healing. They specialize in Ayahuasca Ceremonies, Amazonian Plant Dietas, and additional complementing Shipibo healing methods. Inca Shipiba is peaceful, quiet and calm; and it has been created to support you in every way possible on your individual healing journey.
Meet Matilda our Maestra:
Matilda comes from the native Shipibo community of Canáan de Cachiyaw. They are an indigenous tribe from the Pucallpa area, in the Yarina Cocha and Ucayali river regions of Peru. The tribe is credited with holding the traditions of the Amazonian brew Ayahuasca and still hold their traditions to this day.
The Shipibo people are widely recognised for their beautiful textiles and for their long history of using Amazonian Medicinal Plants for healing purposes.
Matilda has dedicated her life to the traditional teachings of Shipibo Shamanism, with over forty five years experience as a Curandera (healer). During this time Matilda has completed an extensive range of Amazonian Plant Dietas, which assist her in all of her Shipibo healing methods.
Matilda has helped many people suffering a wide range of psychological, physical and energetic issues both within the local community, and throughout Peru. Many foreigners have travelled from all over the world to work with her. Matilda works with people of all genders, but has particular expertise in working with female-related health conditions and issues.
What’s included in your 11 days with option to extend.
4 Night Ayahuasca Ceremonies, Master plant dieta, 10 nights accommodations, meals, plant showers and energetic massages from Matilda. Plus you can enjoy the grounds and natural streams.
The concept of the dieta in Shipibo traditions and some other Amazonian cultures is learning directly from the plant you are dieting.
Receiving messages in order to heal oneself. Learn about reality, and learn tools of medicinal work, especially healing songs called icaros.
It is for people dedicated to make a change in their life and in lives of others. By silencing your mind, switching out external distractions or chaotic energies of everyday life. You can be still enough to hear subtle message, in your dreams, visions or in the forest surrounding you.
Specific master plants have their characteristics, some are better for opening heart and emotions. Some give you a solid center and strength, defence against hardships of life. Some make you more focused, able to do what you want but so far only claimed you want, including leaving your addictions. Other can heal stomach problems, rheumatism, depression. You should specify your intentions when applying, and Matilda will choose one that’s appropriate for you, often after the first ayahuasca ceremony.
You can diet one of many plant teachers available, such as Ajo Sacha (Mansoa Alliacea), Bobinsana (Calliandra angustifolia), Chiric Sanango (Brunfelsia grandiflora), Chuchuhuasi (Maytenus laevis) and others. You can choose yourself if you are experienced, or Matilda can help you choose according to your intentions and what she feels you need after the first ceremony.
Technically, you spend most of the time in isolation in your Tambo. But because we share the grounds with the family and many animals, there will be some interaction during meal times.
You will be dieting in a private Tambo – forest hut, protected against insects, without electricity or running water. Twice or 3 times a day, a simple meal will be served in the communal kitchen. The dieta food is without salt, sugar, spices, oil, no fruits, very limited vegetables.
On ceremony day we will only eat breakfast and lunch. The other days 3 meals are served.
You are suggested not to read or use internet but instead to focus on your interior, meditate and connect with nature. You are allowed all activity that does not involve seeking distraction from outside. For example you are encouraged to draw, write, especially note your dreams, do yoga, sing or play instruments.
With help of Ayahuasca you will discover the mysteries and wonders of your own life. You will be able to get rid of trauma hidden in the unconscious, becoming master of your own fate, by becoming more conscious about your thought patters and habits. It does not mean that you will become immune to sadness or suffering. But you will able to have more conscious choices, rather than be driven be causes beyond your understanding.
The master or teacher plants will do their part in healing the symptoms. For example cleansing your physical body, a physical purge of negative energies accumulated during years of neglect.
Ayahuasca and Master plant dieta can help with the following:
Addictions : to substances as well as other addictive behaviors.
Lack of sense of life purpose / meaning. Feeling lost and confused, in transition, uncertain
Anxiety, constant living in past or future
Difficulties in emotional opening, relations with family / partners
Low self esteem
Anger, excess of control
Consequences of trauma, sexual abuse, childhood neglect,
How do I prepare for the Ayahuasca Retreat and Master Plant Dieta?
· IT IS EXTREMELY IMPORTANT TO NOTIFY IN ADVANCE ABOUT ANY SERIOUS HEALTH ISSUES, ESPECIALLY EXTREME BLOOD PRESSURE OR HEART PROBLEMS
· The most important is to put aside any strong pharmaceuticals and drugs, especially antidepressants, at least 2 weeks before, of course with permission of your physician. Antidepressants will be actually very dangerous if combined with ayahuasca, so please be honest if you are currently taking those.
· Antidepressants in general are not compatible with the ingestion of Ayahuasca. Selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs) work by raising your serotonin levels. For example Fluoxetine, Sertraline, Citalopram, Paroxetine, etc. Any drug to treat depression, anxiety, insomnia, ADD, blood pressure medicines, cold or cough, anti allergics, anti inflammatories are not compatible with the ingestion of ayahuasca. Also statins, opioids, amphetamines, medicines for nausea, asthma sprays and recreational drugs.
· Stay away from alcohol and pork, hard drugs, the longer the better, but minimum one week. Few days before also stay away from coffee, chocolate, cannabis.
· Please inform me about any medicines or supplements you might be taking. In addition, you need to discuss in advance with me your herbal medicine and supplement intake so that you can follow the guidelines and ensure your system is clear before attending any workshops.
· Malaria medication is not recommended, the regional risk is very low and not worth the side effects of those drugs.
· Vaccinations are not obligatory.
· Very important is psychological preparation, that includes focusing on your intentions for dieta, the more precise they are, more efficient can be your work during the process. It good to stick also to mental hygiene before diet, that includes questionable ethical behaviors, especially unhealthy sex practices that can trouble your conscience during isolation period (you will feel best what that means for you), but also avoid unnecessary contamination from excess of electronic media, junk entertainment etc.
· It is important that you communicate your food allergies, intolerances or preferences so we can design a menu that doesn't break your diet. Please note that food during the retreat will be basic dieta food and free of salt, oils, meat and sugar (no fruit). It consists mostly of rice, quinoa, potatoes, beans, limited vegetables and eggs.
What should I consider and take for my stay?
· Passport which is still valid for a minimum of 6 months at the moment of entering Peru.
· Better take a backpack than a suitcase - there is some walking involved in getting to the center.
· Headlamp with red light option for the ceremony. White light only is good for outdoors but too strong for inside the ceremony space.
· candles and a lighter for your Tambo (forest hut) aslo it might be nice to have some incense and essential oils (against mosquitos)(tea tree, citronella, lemon grass etc)
· A raincoat and rubber boots - you can buy this cheaply in Iquitos
· Towel or sarong
· Natural soap and shampoo
· Light clothes
· For everyday use flip flops or crocs are most practical.
· Personal stuff such as contact lenses
· If you play anything, take your instruments
· Creative tools, such as notebook, sketchbook, pen, felt-tip pens, pencil
· In case of diarrhea, natural remedy such as coal
· USD is the best currency and easiest to change. However remember that notes can not be deteriorated or torn in any way, they will not be accepted anywhere in Peru. Also make sure, if you are bringing 100 USD notes, that none are with a series beginning with CB.
· Apart from the money to cover extra nights stay and Kambo ceremony (IN CASH ONLY), you may bring some extra cash, either for shopping textiles and other artwork from our shamans.
Otherwise everything including transfers, food, lodging etc is included in the total price of $1500.
I hope you’ll join me on this amazing adventure.
Please email me for the full information about this journey and the reserve your place (a deposit is required)